**CREATE AUTHENTIC LOOKING RETRO ART IN ILLUSTRATOR**
ColorLab makes it fun and easy to create retro art in Illustrator including color halftones and pen brushes for Illustrator, and ink imperfections, and paper textures for Photoshop.
**5 INDUSTRIAL-GRADE FEATURES FOR CREATING REALISTIC RETRO ART**
– **Authentic comic color halftones.** We created this set by recreating vintage comic color palette charts of the past. Easily apply classic comic color halftones that glimpse indistinguishable from the real thing.
– **Devilish details.** When it comes to capturing that retro aesthetic we know the devil is in the details. Every detail of ColorLab was made to create convincing retro comic effects including color palettes, screen angles, ink bleeds, rosettes, registration errors, and more.
– **Historic paper templates.** A substantial secret to emulating vintage CMYK colors (called by Red, Yellow, and Blue on broken-down comic sheets) is how they interact with the paper. We’ve curated 8 archival paper samples including newsprint, kraft paper, comic covers, parchment, and more. Each paper texture made from real historic samples from our collection.
– **Non-destructive texturing.** Adjusting the age and quality of the printing is as easy as adjusting sliders. Dial-in your paper aging, ink textures, fading, and comic grading imperfections.
– **Easy to utilize.** ColorLab is easy to install and utilize. The brushes are labeled and ready to disappear. Plus, quickly and helpful step-by-step videos will back you gain the most from the pack immediately.
– 125 process color halftone swatches- pre-mixed for quickly and easy application (Illustrator file)
– 12 manual color build halftone swatches (Illustrator file)
– 3 brush pens in tip, art, and no-stretch versions (Illustrator file)
– 8 paper texture templates (Photoshop files)
– 10 print defect brushes including comic grading flaws like ink spray, foxing, flecking, and more (Photoshop files)
– ColorLab Color Chart makes it easy to find and apply retro color formulas.
– 3 quick and easy-to-follow videos on how to gain the most from the pack.
**Software:** Adobe Illustrator CC and Photoshop CC
**Hardware:** 2.4ghz processor or higher
**Memory:** 16 GB of RAM or higher
**Storage:** 8.7 GB
**THE anecdote OF COLORLAB**
There’s nothing like vintage comics. The yellowing paper. The smudged ink. The musty smell of chemicals and newsprint.
And of course… **cheap color halftones.**
This is the stuff that our worship of 1960’s comics, cheesy mail-order ads, and bubble gum packaging is made of.
Unfortunately, these effects are insanely hard to achieve digitally.
Even with tutorials, brushes, and filters, the results can glimpse mediocre
And to rub salt in the wound, a few select artists capture this glimpse in their work. But they’re tight-lipped about how they achieve it. Why? They know these kinds of authentic results are hard to pin down and do their work irresistible.
ColorLab makes achieving these vintage printing effects easy and fun.
With an industrial-strength collection of brushes, swatches, textures, and templates, you can achieve rich vintage color halftone effects.
gain tight and clean comic halftones or do it gritty pulp print textures with ease. No other kit offers this much control to fine-tune your work.
Plus, we’ve included two ways to create your effects. Manually and with pre-mixes. Whether you want to fine-tune every ink spot and registration error or want rapid results for a looming deadline, we’ve got you covered.
**BUY COLORLAB NOW AND FINALLY gain THE glimpse YOU’VE BEEN SEARCHING FOR**
*Due to large file size the download is a small PDF with instructions on how to gain access to the pack in less than one minute.*
*ColorLab is also available for Procreate, Photoshop, and Affinity Designer — view our shop to find the version you need!*